This is the privacy notice of Aquarian Pearls Corporation Pty Ltd, trading as Aquarian Pearls. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Aquarian Pearls
We are registered in Australia under the company ABN 6373438181
Our registered office is in Suite 311. The Trust Building. 155 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and handle any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers both the information that can identify you (“personal information”) as well as any information that does not directly identify you.
We take your privacy and confidentiality very seriously and understand that all users and visitors to our website want to ensure that their data is not used for any purpose other than with which they have intended it to be used for, and that does not fall into the hands of a third party, as such our policy is both specific and strict and complies with Australian law.
If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us. Contact us at + 61 2 9230 0601
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our website or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business & personal information
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and includes all information you have provided to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We keep any information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of seven years, this is in case it is needed in some way to support a claim or defence in court, and it is also the period any tax collecting authorities require supporting documents.
2. Your domain name & e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our website;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to inform you about other of our services or services of sister websites.
3. Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
4. Website usage information
5. Financial information relating to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of (EWay/ PayPal / Zip Pay) That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
6. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
7. Third party advertising
8. Third party content
Our website is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we must make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
9. Information we obtain from a third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
10. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by a third party
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the World, neither we nor you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our website (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
12. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us at: www.aquarianpearls.com.au or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on our website in order to be able to deliver you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
14. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
15. Disclosure to Government & their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
16. Compliance with the law
17. Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
18. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at www.aquarianpearls.com.au or email@example.com
19. Complaints procedure
- If you have a complaint about how we have collected or handled your personal information, please contact us. We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the circumstances of the matter that you are complaining about, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
- If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How you can contact us
Sending a letter to us at:
Aquarian Pearls, Suite 311,
The Trust Building
155 King Street
OAIC contact details:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)